CANCELLED Dogwood Days - Canines and Classics
Name: CANCELLED Dogwood Days - Canines and Classics
Date: May 2, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM EDT
Website: Read more on our website!
- Cruise In: An informal car/motorcycle show, open to the public, no registration fee, there will be a Crowd Favorite award. If you have a classic, a hot rod, a custom car, or snazzy motorcycle come join in the fun. We would like you to register just so we know how many vehicles to plan on. E-mail Doug@PineyMountainFoster.org with your name and what you will be driving to the show.
- Quilt show: No details yet, but we are resolute there will be one.
- Smoked meat BBQ: Dennis and Stacey Dekker have agreed to provide their excellent smoked pork butt, pulled barbecue along with chips and a drink. Food and seating will be under the portico on the south side of the building.
- Adoption Event: The Friends Animal Shelter in Newport has accepted our invitation to do an adoption event/fund raiser. Come meet these great folks and learn about what they do – and consider taking home a new family member. I mean a dog or cat, not the staff.
- Music: This could be live band, or a DJ, or a radio station remote broadcast, or an old man with a kazoo and a bull horn. We don’t know how yet, but there will be music.
- Movies: The Liberty Arts Fellowship will be showing the short films that have been produced by John Rush and his accomplices over the years. Come grab some popcorn and enjoy the flicks.
- Event Shirt: Donna Gregg is providing custom artwork for use on the front of an event tee shirt, which will have sponsor names on the back. Local businesses will be asked to be sponsors.
- Related Vendors: The space between the car show and the parking lot will be offered to other local groups: preference will be given to local non-profits and to organizations and would be an opportunity to inform the public, recruit volunteers, do fund raising. We do not intend to make this a craft fair, but vendors may sell items related to their services. We are planning to rent one huge tent for all the vendors to be inside of, so just bring your tables and materials. There will be a minimal registration fee to help defray the cost of the tent.