The Cocke County Partnership Department of Tourist Development is pleased to announce the popular "Celebrating Cosby" will be presented again this year. The series, held in the Cosby Campground (471 Cosby Park Road, Cosby, TN 37722), will be held each Friday evening beginning June 14 at 7 p.m. The event will be rain or shine and will be presented in the Picnic Pavilion or the Amphitheater.
"Celebrating Cosby" is presented by the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in partnership with the Cocke County Department of Tourist Development.
"We are so excited to be a small part of this series," said CCP Tourism Director Linda Lewanski.
"We are so proud of Cosby and its people and we love that its history and heritage are being showcased," she continued, "we think we have something for everyone this summer and hope they can join us."
"It has been wonderful to work with Ranger Katie Corrigan. Her enthusiasm is contagious," she added. "My personal thanks go to her, Pam Rodgers and Sheila Evans and everyone who has agreed to participate."
The line-up is (subject to change);
- June 14th-Flag Day Ceremony at Tritt Cemetery (4 pm) and Mountain Edge Band (7pm) (Bluegrass) (Judge Carter Moore, Andy Williams, Jamie Clark, Limmie Workman)
- June 21st-Moonshiners (Moonshine) (Mark Ramsey, Digger Manes, Kelly Williamson)
- June 28th- June 28th- Children of Cosby Yesterday and Today: A Visit To Mountain Rest School, Small Mammals in the Park, and Hands-on Science in Cosby Creek.
- July 5th- Ella V. Costner AND a Presentation of Quilts of Valor to US Veterans (DAV Post 102 (Commander Al Johnson-Disabled American Veterans), Rob Watkins (View from the Bunker), William Cocke, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, AMVETS (American Veterans), etc. supporting the evening)
- July 12th-A Walk Down Memory Lane with Imogene Wilson and Olie Williamson (A Visit to Cosby Prior to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park from former Cosby residents)
- July 19th-Eastern Band of Cherokee (Storytelling, dance, and music)
- July 26th-An Evening of Artifacts, Park Archaeologist, Allison Harvey (Randy Bradley (Hunting/Firearms), Shane and Judy McGaha (Spinning Wheel), Imogene Wilson (Lye Soap/Caldron), a visit to historic car, park archives with NPS Staff
- August 2nd-Richard Bennett (Music, played with Bill Monroe)